Career Skills Course
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) Certification Prep Course
IAPP offers an all-encompassing certification program for privacy and data protection through the Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP). The course is envisioned to help the organizations across the world in strengthening compliance and risk mitigation practices. The CIPP training and certification course demonstrates your knowledge of privacy laws and regulations and explains how to apply them to benefit of the organization.
CierraTEC provides CIPP training courses that empower you with a foundational understanding of wide global concepts of privacy and data protection law and practice. We offer CIPP concentrations, each focused on a specific region or sector namely -Canada (CIPP/C), Europe (CIPP/E), and U.S. private-sector (CIPP/US). Our certified professionals help you to develop in-depth knowledge and insights on essential privacy concepts and principals, jurisdictional laws, regulations and enforcement models, legal requirements for handling and transferring data, and much more.
Virtual Classroom Live
Mon 30 Oct
October 30-31, 2023
10AM – 4PM EST
(4) Sunday Weekends
11/5. 11/12. 11/19, 11/26
1PM – 5PM EST
1PM – 5PM EST
Wed 6 Dec
December 6-7, 2023
10AM – 4PM EST
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) covers U.S. government privacy laws, regulations and policies specific to government practice, as well as those more broadly applicable to the public and private sectors in the U.S. In this CIPP course, you gain an understanding of government-standard practices for privacy program development and management, privacy compliance and auditing, records management and agency reporting obligations for privacy.
The Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) is based on the body of knowledge for the IAPP’s ANSI-accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional/ U.S. (CIPP/US) certification program. The content is based on the body of knowledge for the IAPP’s globally recognized Information Privacy Professional/U.S. Government (CIPP/US) certification program.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Managers
- Legal Compliance Officers
- Security Manager
- Information Managers
- Anyone involved with data protection processes and programs
- No prerequisites, but we recommend all potential test takers to read the IAPP Privacy Certification Handbook 2018 before attending.
This is an exam prep course for the Information Privacy Professional/U.S. Government (CIPP/US) certification program. Key concepts are covered with a timed practice test, followed by a review of the answers led by your instructor. Students also receive an exam blueprint that gives the approximate number of questions from each topic area on the exam.
CIPP/US Course Objectives
- Gain a foundational understanding of broad global concepts of privacy and data protection law and practice.
- Gain knowledge of jurisdictional laws, regulations and enforcement models; essential privacy concepts and principals; and legal requirements for handling and transferring data.
- Understand the limits on Private-sector Collection and Use of Data.
- Understand the Government and Court Access to Private-sector Information, Workplace Privacy and State Privacy Laws.
- Introduction to privacy
- Structure of U.S. law
- General Data Protection Regulation overview
- Enforcement of U.S. privacy and security laws
- Information management from a U.S. perspective
- Federal versus state authority
- Financial privacy
- Telecommunications and marketing
- Law enforcement and privacy
- National security and privacy
- Civil litigation and privacy
- Legal overview of workplace privacy
- Privacy before, during and after employment
- State data security laws
- Data breach notification laws
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is CIPP?
The Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) provides all the knowledge, understanding, and perspective needed to ensure compliance and the success of data protection in CIPP concentration area, enabling DPOs to take advantage of the career opportunity that this legislation represents.
2. How many questions are there in the CIPP exam?
There are 90 questions in the CIPP exam which are to be answered in 150 minutes.
3. How are the exam passing marks determined?
The number of questions that are correctly answered determines the exam score.
4. Can I know how many questions I correctly answered?
The IAPP does not disclose to the candidates how many questions they answered correctly. However, a section breakdown showing the proportion of your right answers for each blueprint domain is given to you after the exam is over. Candidates who don’t pass might use this data to figure out which domains they should concentrate on when preparing for the exam again.
5. Is the CIPP exam challenging?
Though difficult, it’s not impossible. There are both straightforward questions and unexpected ones that could leave you unsure between two generally equivalent choices.
Take your career and expertise to the
What learners are saying...
Taking this course has taken the fear out of approaching my friends, family and even my boss at work!
Thank you very much for your services and pricing!
This course was engaging and valuable. The things I’ve learned here will certainly be of help in any conflict!